Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cute Kids

I always relish the opportunity to shoot kids and animals. They're such a change from what I'm used to working with... cooperative adults (well, mostly) who can follow directions. Animals are a whole different thing - and most the time kids aren't far behind. In fact, I think I've shot a few animals who probably understood English better than some kids... anyway. They're always so much fun to work with and it's so rewarding to get that perfect shot that captures their true personality. Their eyes show so much hope and zest for life - things that seem to get dull as we age.

Editing is always fun. I usually end up with a plethora of shots that are nothing but streaks of action, tear filled eyes, struggling to get away from mom to get on to that next adventure. Most parents probably have multiple memory cards full of pictures of their kids at birthday parties, their first ride at the fair, eating ice cream with grandpa... but what I live for, what keeps me going, is that ONE shot that brings a tear to the eye of the parent the first time they see it. That ONE shot that the parents tell me is so "them". I love being able to capture these moments and to preserve them forever on paper. I hope you enjoy these shots of my most recent one-year-old and his brothers. I know I loved taking them!





No comments:

Post a Comment